FORT WORTH, Texas, September 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Systems of America, LLC, will highlight its portfolio of advanced capabilities and solutions for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps carrier aviation community at the 2017 Tailhook conference. This year's event will take place Sept. 7-10 at the Nugget Casino Resort-Reno in Sparks, Nev. Elbit Systems of America's exhibit will be located in booths 728-730.
"Our company is committed to helping naval aviators perform their demanding missions that keep America safe," said Raanan Horowitz, president and CEO of Elbit Systems of America. "We provide a decisive edge in mission effectiveness for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps through advanced technologies, capabilities, and combat-proven solutions."
The benefits for the naval carrier aviation community provided by Elbit Systems of America include:
- Enhanced naval aviator situational awareness for flight missions during day, night, and degraded visual environment.
- Pilots using the F-35 helmet-mounted display achieve greater situational awareness with the integration of three advanced technologies: head-up display, helmet-mounted display, and visor-projected night vision. The F-35 Helmet Mounted Display system is a member of the Visor Projected Helmet Mounted Display family that includes the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) Classic, Digital JHMCS, and JHMCS II. These helmet mounted display (HMD) systems are offered through a joint venture between Elbit Systems of America and Rockwell Collins, Rockwell Collins ESA Vision Systems LLC (RCEVS).
- In addition, the Digital JHMCS allows F/A-18 aviators to aim sensors using the targeting reticle in their helmet mounted display. With the JHMCS Night Vision Cueing and Display System, F/A-18 aviators can cue weapons and sensors in low-light and low-visibility situations.
- Health monitoring capabilities for aviators. Non-invasive, real-time monitoring of pilot vital signs provides early warning and training for hypoxia and/or high G-force conditions. The Canary Pilot Health Monitoring system is fully integrated into Elbit Systems of America's line of next-generation HMDs.
- Advanced Crew Station (ACS). The F/A-18 & EA-18G next-generation cockpit solution increases mission effectiveness and situational awareness, while reducing crew workload. The ACS includes mission processors, a low-profile head-up display, and a large area display with touch screen and picture-in-picture capabilities.
- Cost-effective capabilities to engage moving or static targets in various conditions. Elbit Systems of America's small, lightweight precision munition seekers are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets. Laser seekers and sensors provide increased accuracy and flexibility and minimize potential for collateral damage.
- Virtual Mission Training System that improves training realism at reduced cost. The Virtual Mission Training System allows a T-45 training aircraft to simulate the use of radar and weapons against virtual aircraft while in flight, and to cooperate with other real and virtual aircraft. The system provides air-to-air and air-to-ground modes, as well as simulated weapons and simulated electronic warfare. These functions are networked between the participant aircraft and the instructor ground station that controls the mission presentation.
For a quarter of a century, employees of Elbit Systems of America have been entrusted with performing high-quality work knowing that it protects and saves lives. In addition to providing advanced technology solutions for the Navy, Marine Corps and other military services, the company also provides situational awareness capabilities for U.S. border patrol agents and commercial pilots; sustainment and support solutions for aircraft and ground combat vehicles; and life-saving medical instrumentation technologies.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems.com or follow us on Twitter.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright © 2017 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Rod Gibbons | 817-234-6834| email@example.com
Shari Clarkson I 682-286-2363 I firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC