FORT WORTH, Texas, October 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Systems of America, LLC, will highlight its portfolio of advanced capabilities and solutions for the United States Army during the Association of the United States Army's (AUSA) annual meeting and exposition. This year's event will take place October 9-11, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C., booth 2003.
"Elbit Systems of America is committed to delivering trusted and effective capabilities that strengthen the United States Army," said Raanan Horowitz, president and CEO of Elbit Systems of America. "Our combat-proven solutions contribute to ensuring mission success for next generation warfighters."
Examples of the company's advanced technologies, capabilities, and solutions to improve Soldier mission effectiveness and readiness include:
- Enhanced warfighter situational awareness for ground combat vehicles and flight operations during day, night, and degraded visual environments. The vehicle sensor systems of IronVision™ allow warfighters to "see through" closed hatch vehicles, 360-degree situational awareness and increased survivability. Full mission sensors suites for helicopters including advanced sensors, large area displays, multi-core mission processors, helmet display and tracking systems, and communication equipment provide pilots with critical flight data, reducing pilot workload and increasing situational awareness in all weather conditions.
- Cost-effective capabilities to engage moving or static targets in various conditions and longer ranges in complex terrains. Loitering munitions, laser and multi-mode seekers, and advanced targeting systems provide increased target accuracy and flexibility, minimizing the potential for collateral damage. Loitering Munitions also provide warfighters with advanced surveillance and additional strike capabilities, drastically minimizing target identification and impact. Small, lightweight, precision munition seekers and sensors are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets. Handheld target locators and designators provide precision target locating, guiding laser-guided munitions, or handing off targets to Close Air Support aircraft.
- Advanced Threat Detection Systems. Our mature and fielded missile warning systems (MWS) are capable of detecting the various threats facing fixed-wing and rotorcraft aircraft flying in today's highly contested battlefield environment. With open system architecture, robust processing and advanced algorithms, our MWS has the necessary growth feature to also mitigate future and emerging threats.
- Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost. Contractor logistic support services and cockpit upgrades are offered for several military aircraft platforms. Material management, engineering services, aircraft modifications, and cockpit upgrades sustain aircraft mission readiness. With facilities strategically located in the United States, intermediate - and depot-level support is available to eliminate solution-related downtime and keep aircraft in the fight. This is accomplished through a multi-tier repair network and advanced logistics parts provisioning that allows a global network to perform with local responsiveness.
- Advanced C4I allows for greater awareness and mission effectiveness. Soldiers can improve command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence with networking and command and control solutions. Mobile shelters, command centers, wireless sensor networks, radios, and advanced communications devices provide a wide range of awareness during critical missions.
- Enhanced satellite navigation systems for GPS degraded environments. The Immune Satellite Navigation System (iSNS) provides jamming immunity for multiple satellite channels and manages multiple interfering signals and/or jammers operating on concurrent frequencies. By delivering a unique level of flexibility, the system works with most GPS-equipped receivers and requires minimal integration effort. The iSNS modular form factor adapts to most military air, land, and sea platforms.
Employees of Elbit Systems of America are entrusted with performing high-quality work knowing that it protects and saves lives. In addition to providing advanced technology capabilities and solutions for the U.S. military, the company also provides situational awareness capabilities for U.S. Border Patrol agents and commercial aviation pilots, as well as life-saving medical instrumentation technologies.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems.com or follow us on Twitter.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright © 2017 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Reporters interested in learning more about these capabilities and Elbit Systems of America should contact: Rod Gibbons, Senior Director of Communications, at +1-682-238-9861 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC