FORT WORTH, Texas, April 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Systems of America, LLC, will highlight advanced mission solutions for U.S. Army aircrew readiness during the Army Aviation Association of America's annual summit. The event will take place April 26-28, 2017 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn. Elbit Systems of America's exhibit will be located at booth 750.
"Elbit Systems of America is committed to helping keep America safe as well as protecting those who serve our nation," said Raanan Horowitz, president and CEO of Elbit Systems of America. "We provide U.S. Army Aviators proven and trusted capabilities that enhance their situational awareness and overall mission effectiveness."
Mission solutions to be highlighted at the summit include:
- Degraded Visual Environment Solution. From combat missions to humanitarian assistance, U.S. Army Aviators fly in demanding environmental conditions. The company's Degraded Visual Environment (DVE) solution uses intuitive 3D conformal symbology to provide accurate navigational information in a clear, easy to understand manner. This allows pilots to respond quickly to surrounding conditions.
- Helmet Display and Tracking System. The DVE solution employs a hybrid magnetic/inertial helmet tracker and color day and night optical displays known as the Helmet Display Tracking System (HDTS). The HDTS, which mounts to Army-standard HGU-56 aviator's helmet, provides critical flight and drift cues during brownout operations and other extreme environmental situations, as well as the ability to slew weapons or optical payloads to the pilot's line-of-sight. This unique technology improves crew coordination and mission effectiveness.
- Apache Multi-core Mission Processor. With a commitment to providing innovative solutions that anticipate ever-increasing requirements, the company's multi-core mission processor supports the demands of integrating future technologies that reduce pilot workload and increase mission effectiveness. The open-systems architecture leverages commercial, off-the-shelf technology, resulting in high performance and scalable solutions that meet the critical needs of modern Apache aviators. The multi-core mission processor enhances upgrades with emerging security and standardization requirements.
- Advanced Threat Detection. The cost-effective IR-based missile warning system for all aircraft, PAWS (Passive Airborne Warning Systems), provides protection for pilots during constantly changing combat environments. Based on combat-proven technology, the system allows for early threat detection and warning as well as enhanced situation awareness allowing pilots to focus on their mission, not the threat.
- New Payload Capabilities. SPECTRO XR is the newest addition to the proven COMPASS family of electro-optic sensor payloads. SPECTRO XR provides 20" payload performance in a compact, highly integrated 15" multi-sensor package. SPECTRO XR brings leap-ahead technology and image processing to airborne and vehicle applications for superior surveillance, reconnaissance, and targeting performance.
- FireFly Communications Amplifiers. The FireFly product line is a modular, lightweight, high-power amplifier with swappable and stackable modules allowing maximum mission flexibility for aviators. The new family of amplifiers are available in single channel, dual channel, and four channel models. When integrated with next-gen software-defined networking radios, FireFly amplifiers provide clearer signals and increased range.
- Life Cycle Contractor Support. Elbit Systems of America delivers Life Cycle Contractor support to keep U.S. Army Aviators flying. We provide quick reaction and expeditionary services to include base operations, supply chain management, engineering services, complex aircraft modifications, and field/depot level maintenance for the Army's rotary and fixed-wing fleet.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems.com or follow us on Twitter.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries.Copyright © 2017 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Reporters interested in learning more about these capabilities and Elbit Systems of America should contact Rod Gibbons, Senior Director of Communications, at +1-682-238-9861 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC